Corporate Proposal Manager
As a Corporate Proposal Manager at StoneShare, you will work with a small, driven, successful team of writers and editors to craft expert responses to RFPs, RFAs, RFSAs, RFSOs, and other procurements. In this role, you will play a crucial role in business development, and strive to build our proposal funnel through the use of your extensive previous experience, understanding and application of proposal best practices, and your highly specialized creative writing skills. We are looking for a candidate that is ready make a big impact, fast! If you have experience writing proposals in the Staffing, Management Consulting, Systems Integration, or likewise IT industry, then we want to talk to you!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work in a collaborative team of proposal management experts, liaising with the IT Department and Service Delivery Teams to complete requirements for corporate proposals.
- Participate in, and lead, assigned proposals to develop win themes, and other strategic approaches to develop winning bids.
- Continually enhance boilerplate and proposal libraries in support of best practices, using a wide variety of proposal development tools and templates.
- Author key sections of proposals including solutions, project delivery methodologies and schedules, and build efficiencies from one document to the next.
- Help ensure proposals are properly scoped, identify missing information, evaluate assumptions, identify risks, evaluate costs, ensure text and response match requirements.
- Develop and deliver Proposal Schedules, lead Kick Off meetings, assign and manage Sections, and participate in proposal meetings to ensure progress against the Proposal Schedule.
- Utilize prior knowledge and experience to help lead, inform, and share "lessons learned".
- Monitor procurement boards, external sites throughout North America, and all other sources of release to build the proposal funnel.
- Author questions and liaise with procurement.
- Other duties as required.
Apply for this position
- Undergraduate Degree in Journalism, Communications, or other equivalent.
- Practical experience as a Proposal Writer, or Proposal Manager, and expertise with MS Office.
- Practical experience with writing and managing corporate proposals in excess of $1M.
- Practical experience with both body-bids and corporate bids.
- Strong analysis and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and negotiating to influence or impact.
- Strong experience in scheduling, wrangling key contributors, driving toward and achieving deadlines.
- Experience in consulting environment is an asset.
- Experience with Records Management is an asset.
- Familiarity with Customer Success is an asset.