Records Manager - Permanent
StoneShare has built a reputation for excellence and the success of our customers starts with hiring great people who strive to build the best on-premises, cloud, and hybrid solutions in the world. As a Records Manager, you will carry on that tradition. StoneShare is seeking a seasoned Records Manager, on a permanent basis, that enjoys solving problems, working with customers, and who has a proven expertise in records management. If you have experience overseeing the management of electronic and/or paper based information, identifying the most appropriate records management resources, designing and developing filing systems, classification schemes and information architectures - and you have demonstrated the achievement of in successful outcomes - then we want to talk to you! Rock Star performers come from all walks of life. We welcome all interested applicants to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed analysis of information practices and provide strategic direction, recommendations and ongoing advice.
- Understand the business processes and how they will be implemented using our solution. Assist delivery teams with achieving the same understanding.
- Work with the Technical Lead to ensure the solution meets the solution requirements as they have been defined.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of policy and provide guidance for information management in accordance with strategic plans.
- Develop and deliver configuration sessions and training.
- Provide guidance and leadership in solution design.
- Ensure effective Knowledge Transfer to both internal resources and to customers.
- Understand, apply and champion Information Management best practices.
- Facilitate communication between Stakeholders on matters related to records/information assets and management of risks to those assets.
- Work closely with customers' Legal and other Counsel to ensure information assets are managed to ensure Government accountability, protect the interests of the Public and mitigate records-related litigation risks.
- Advise Stakeholders on the metadata functionality required to achieve appropriate functionality.
- Assist with the design of the Information Architecture to ensure all customer information systems incorporate Records Management functionality appropriate to the records/information assets they support.
Apply for this position
- Diploma in Information Systems or Records and Information Management plus extensive (5+ years of direct experience) OR an Undergraduate Degree in Library Science and/or Archival Science.
- Practical experience as a Records Manager related to solutions delivery, preferably working in the field of Enterprise Content Management/Intelligent Information Management (SharePoint, OpenText, FileNet, Box, etc.); however, without this experience, Senior-level experience from alternative industries may be considered if all other requirement criteria are met.
- Strong critical analysis, interpersonal, negotiating to influence, leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and proven ability to craft correspondence that utilizes the SMART Goals methodology (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely).
- Flexibility and ability to travel to customers throughout North America (specifically within Canada and the United States).
- Certification in Records Management is an asset.
- Experience in consulting environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated involvement with AIIM and/or ARMA is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- References may be required.