Information Management SME - Permanent
StoneShare has built a reputation for excellence and the success of our customers starts with hiring great people who strive to build the best on-premises, cloud, and hybrid solutions in the world. As an Information Management SME, you will carry on that tradition. StoneShare is seeking a seasoned Information Management SME, on a permanent basis, that enjoys solving problems, working with customers, and who has a proven expertise in information management. If you have experience as a Senior Executive, acting in a central role to coordinate, promote and direct information management within organizations, ensuring that the appropriate management direction, processes and tools are in place to efficiently manage information under the control of a department or organization to support the business and retain the quality of information throughout the information lifecycle - and you have demonstrated the achievement of in successful outcomes - then we want to talk to you! Rock Star performers come from all walks of life. We welcome all interested applicants to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in Intelligent Information Management (IIM) solutions delivery, and ensure that the development and implementation of Information Management (IM) policy is of the highest possible quality.
- Ensure customer IM requirements are addressed during strategic planning.
- Advise senior Stakeholders and the designated customer Executives who are responsible for Information Technology (IT) on the IM requirements and objectives of the solution project.
- Ensure that IM requirements are addressed during the planning phases of the project and system design.
- Ensure that adequate IM governance and accountability structures are in place throughout the customer organization and that accountability structures are clearly defined when information is shared among departments, other Government bodies, non-Governmental organizations and the broader Public.
- Coordinate resources and activities that relate to IM including internal development of policy instruments, training and development of other internal and customer staff, and build awareness based on best-practices to champion successful adoption of solutions.
- Identify, address, monitor departmental IM resource and training requirements for both internal and customer organizations, as required in an on-demand capacity.
- Identify IM issues to ensure processes, systems and solutions address these issues and requirements.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are put in place for the management of information received from our customer's other departments and agencies and from individuals and entities outside of the customer (eg. Private citizens, private sector and other jurisdictions).
- Remain up-to-date and advise on new or amended legislation and policies that have real or potential IM impacts.
Apply for this position
- Diploma in Information Systems or Records and Information Management plus extensive (10+ years of direct experience) OR an Undergraduate Degree in Library Science and/or Archival Science plus 5+ years of experience.
- Practical experience as an Information Management Specialist related to solutions delivery, preferably working in the field of Enterprise Content Management/Intelligent Information Management (SharePoint, OpenText, FileNet, Box, etc.); however, without this experience, Senior-level experience from alternative industries may be considered if all other requirement criteria are met.
- Strong critical analysis, interpersonal, negotiating to influence, leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and proven ability to craft correspondence that utilizes the SMART Goals methodology (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely).
- Flexibility and ability to travel to customers throughout North America (specifically within Canada and the United States).
- Certification in Records Management is an asset.
- Experience in consulting environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated involvement with AIIM and/or ARMA is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- References may be required.